Kaegan and Kiyah

Kaegan and Kiyah

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our busy day in Beijing

Beijing is an incredibly large and beautiful city. It is amazing how clean it is. This morning Marty and I decided to catch a taxi to the Olympic square. We saw the Birds Nest, Water cube and other neat sites.



After we finished the Olympic Villa we met Wynona's friend Jenna who toured us around the city for the rest of the day. We went to The Forbidden City, Tienanmen Square, McDonald's, The Silk Market and several things in between. The sites are unbelievable. I did my best to capture the beauty of this place. Here are only a few of the pics I took.





The next pictures are of Jenna and Me and then Marty and Me in The Forbidden City.

There were three things that I wanted to purchase for Kaegan while I was in China. One was a pearl necklace from China to give to Kaegan (when the time comes) for him to give to his future wife. Second, was a Chinese Bible, preferably bilingual and third, I wanted to find information about China and its heritage so I could have it for Kaegan. The Pearls I purchased at the Silk Market so I have that checked off of the list. Jenna mentioned that she will stop by her church and purchase a Bible for us. You cannot purchase one in stores. Bibles must be purchased from the Church. Another check of the list. After lunch Jenna mentioned that she had friend that had just published his first book about the Chinese culture and its heritage. She called him and he was kind enough to meet us at a coffee shop and sold us a signed copy of his new book. It took him ten years to write the book. The pictures are incredible. What is also unique is that it tells of the history of Datong. The city where Kaegan was born. The book is absolutely beautiful. I cannot wait to show it to you guys. The picture below is of Marty, Guohua Yang and Me. The last one is of Guohua with his book. I am so excited about this book. It is over 500 pages of China and its history.
By the way, Wynona, Jenna and Guohua are all christians and attend the same church here in Beijing. God is so good! I love how He puts people in certain places at the right time. His hands have been in every move we have made. I guess that is what happens when you are flying on Faith.
Thanks for the comments. We enjoy reading them. We love you all!

10 comments:

Candy said...

Tiffany,
I don't even know if you remember who I am, but I used to go to EBC. Got here from Martha's blog and just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm praying for you! :) Looking forward to more updates!
Candy Joyce

Anonymous said...

Tiffany that is Awesome! I am so glad you are with Christian people. Love you guys- Steph

Martha said...

Oh my gosh, how awesome! The pictures are beautiful and I can't believe that all the people you've met are Christians....well I guess I can since God has a hand in it all:) That book looks incredible!

Cara Beth said...

I can't tell you how excited I am for you two! I'm so glad to be able to follow you along this incredible journey. What a good idea about the pearl necklace! Kaegan will be so blessed to one day give those to his wife. I can't wait to see pictures of when he is finally in your arms!

NaTaShA said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NaTaShA said...

Hey Ya'll! Those pictures are beautiful. Seems like you guys are having a great time. I can't wait to see that book!! Only a few more days till u get the little man!! I can't wait, my tummy is tied in knots!!!! Love and miss ya'll!! Tell Marty Steven misses him to...LOL I will be thinking about you when I am in Canton pushing around your buggy!! Can't wait to see the next post!!

Sharron said...

Yay....pictures!

Christa said...

Great pics Tiff! The picture above you and Jenna reminds me of Kung Fu Panda! I can't wait to see pics of Kaegan! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!!! Wow, China looks amazing! Seems like you guys are really enjoying yourselves!! I am so happy for you and thats awesome that your new friends are christians! :) Well we cant wait to see ya when you get back with little Kaegan! I'm obsessed with your blog, ill be reading it tomorrow! Haha! I miss both you and love you! Be safe! :) - Jennifer

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely!!! I"m in the middle of nowhere Arkansas and I finally got the computer to work. Love the pics!!! Praying for you guys!!! Be careful and have a great time.