Sophie (also from Datong) would line up crayons etc. kinda freaky. We were seeing an attachment therapist this summer and she did that in his office. He shared with us that lining things up was Sophie's way of controlling her environment...and not uncommon with children with trauma/from orphanages. He moved one of the things out of line and she just ignored him and shifted everything down to be in a line again. She is doing much better and I see less of the lining of things up. When she is stressed I see it more.
1 comment:
Sophie (also from Datong) would line up crayons etc. kinda freaky. We were seeing an attachment therapist this summer and she did that in his office. He shared with us that lining things up was Sophie's way of controlling her environment...and not uncommon with children with trauma/from orphanages. He moved one of the things out of line and she just ignored him and shifted everything down to be in a line again. She is doing much better and I see less of the lining of things up. When she is stressed I see it more.
Post a Comment