I told Marty this morning that I was not leaving the house until I had the LOA document in my hands. I sat here all day and finally it arrived by UPS around 3:30. The UPS man thought I was nuts because I was so excited to see him. I ripped open the folder and read the paper. I cannot explain the emotions I was feeling. Now I had to rush to the office to get Marty to sign it and then stop by the post office to overnight it back to the agency. I was at the post office by 4:30. The day was a successful one.
The agency will now process the paperwork and mail it China. We still do not know our travel dates but they are coming soon. As soon as I hear I will let you know.
By the way, On the LOA document China uses a red seal with the date of actual approval. Our date stamp is 12/25/08. CHRISTMAS DAY!! Isn't that an awesome Christmas present.
4 comments:
We also got our LOA. I loved the issue date too. Congrats to you !
I'm so excited for you two! I remember you babysitting me years ago so I just KNOW you will make an awesome mom, Tif! (and no, I'm not trying to make you feel old! lol) Seriously, though, Congratulations! Adoption is something I've always been interested in..maybe someday I will have a child to adopt as well. God bless!
-Cara Beth (Walker) Buie
Approved on Christmas day...That brought tears to my eyes.
Hi Tiffany and Marty, my friend Leigh shared your blog with me. We are also adopting from China, awaiting our TA for Lillian Joy, who waits for us in Henan Province. Which agency are you with? We are with CCAI. Congrats on your TA and CA! May your travel go smoothly and may you quickly transition to being a family! Blessings, Amy
Post a Comment