Kaegan and Kiyah

Kaegan and Kiyah

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Blessings of God

Anybody that knows us knows that Tiffany has been taken care of this Blog and it is amazing. I am not only blessed with a very handsome little man but an incredible wife that puts God before all things and it shows. There is not enough time to spend writing about the love that God has given me for my beautiful bride. I truly am the luckiest husband on the face of the earth. I wanted to leave my mark on the blog by sharing what has been going on in my mind over the last few years, months, weeks and days. So Here we go...
My desire for a child started years ago when Tiffany and I lived in Shreveport. You see we had friends that lived next door that showed us what order the certian relationships we have are supposed to be in. How a relationship with God was first followed by your relationship with your spouse, then your children. I had bought in to the lie that your kids come first and I was afraid that a child would hurt our marriage. Oh how my neighbors lived such an amazing Godly example. I have learned how to go to the Bible for everything and Pray continually for God's direction. God has put special people in our lives just at the right time to help teach and show us many things. Sometimes the lessons where small and sometimes they felt enormous. Sometimes God used people that believed different then me to teach us and God's Word has many examples of that being the case. I could go on and on about the people God used to develop us over the past few years but I believe they all know who they are because we have told them (or tried too). The last big impact for preparing for this little man came from left field. You see a few weeks back my beloved pastor's daughter Jessica went to be with the Lord. As a daddy to be it was hard to wrap my mind around the fact that God can give us a blessing but he can also desire to have that same blessing with him. This was the first time I became afraid to have the blessing of a child. So I went to what was tried and true and that was God's Word. Here is what God shared with me... In Proverbs 3 it says to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" and Proverbs 4 says "For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths". I have read these verses before but they never were as real as they are today. I have found that when I am on God's path it is not necessarily easy but straight. I realized at that moment that God had an incredible path ahead for us and Kaegan and I needed to have the courage to follow this path. We want you all to know that Kaegan is not ours but God's and we intend to raise him the way God expects us too. Like the journey to Kaegan we will need help and support from all of you with Kaegan. I can not express into words how God has blessed us with INCREDIBLE Family and Friends...Tiffany and I are speechless........

ThankYou all for Loving us the way God does...It makes the path a wonderful journey....

My prayer for Kaegan is that he will come to know Jesus as his Lord and Savior!!!!
My prayer for Tiffany and I is that God would continue to mold us into the parents He wants us to become.

Praise God for the people he has in our life....................

11 comments:

Eddie said...

God is good!

Ronnie Missioni said...

Wow, you perfectly put into words what most parents feel. You and Tiffany are truly blessed and I feel honored to have been able to follow your journey. Have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, Marty! You are a lucky guy... Tiffany is a great girl! Congrats again to you both... cannot wait to see pics when he finally comes home. BTW... the breakfast buffet people will truly miss y'all... LOL!! :-)

NaTaShA said...

Amen Eddie...GOD IS GOOD!!! It is amazing how a person feels when they become a Mommy & Daddy. I think you guys are gonna be great parents! I am so glad God put you two in our lives, and now Kaegan. His Aunt NayNay loves him very much already!!!! You guys have great day and enjoy your blessing!!!!! Love Ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

Marty, You are an amazing person and an AWESOME Dad! Thank you both for sharing this experience with us each night! As I have told you both before and I will say it again Thanks for being such an inspiration on a daily basis! We love you guys and can't wait till you come home.

With Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

THIS IS BRANDY,JUST WANTED TO SAY CONGRATS TOO ALL OF YOU!I KNOW YOU ARE SO EXCITED AND ARE GOING TO BE GREAT PARENTS.KAEGAN IS ADORABLE,HOPE TO GET TO MEET HIM WHEN YALL GET HOME.

Martha said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that Marty!

Anonymous said...

we can't wait to meet him, joining in praying and Believing in his salvation! he is already so BLESSED
Believing HIS POWER
karl
1 Peter 4:10

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That's very touching Marty. You are a beautiful family of three now, weaved together by God's very own hands! Proverbs 3 is one of my favorite.

So great to meet you both and your handsome little son!

Blessings,
Rob and Robin

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for y'all. Words escape me but this is so awesome for the two of you.

As a side note: The text on your page is in yellow which is very hard to read on a white background. Would you change it to blue or black or something?
Charles

Anonymous said...

Marty,
I have just finished reading your post on March 3 for about the 5th time and cried as I read it for the 5th time. Not only are you blessed with a wonderful wife, but she is blessed with a wonderful husband. I know she knows that too. What a different world this would be if more husband's and wife's had the understanding walk with the Lord that ya'll do and treat each other accordingly. What a good example Kaegan has for the way marriage and family are intended by our wonder Father God.
God bless ya'll. Can't wait for my next trip to Louisiana. Hopefully I will get to visit with you and your awesome son.
Love,
Barbara Shannon
Austin, TX