Well, here we are at our final stop on this incredible journey. 5 flights down and 3 more to go. Kaegan did exceptionally well on the plane ride to Guangzhou. He sat quietly and played with the toys in his back pack. The flight was only 2 1/2 hours. We just hope he does that well on the next 3 long flights.
We have actually been here for two days. I am again updating the blog late. I apologize to all the Kaegan junkies. This place is paradise compared to where we just came from. We can see outside and have lots of restaurants to choose from. I have eaten chicken tenders with french fries and Marty has had Spaghetti with meatballs. We also found a deli near the hotel that the best banana bread in China. Kaegan loves it too.
We were told that this place is very sunny and warm. Not this week apparently. It has been raining since we arrived and the weather is cold. Not as cold as it was in Taiyuan but still our coats are needed.
The first day here we had Kaegans passport picture taken and had the medical exam. Kaegan did very well for both. I posted a video of the exam yesterday. There were actually 3 stages to the exam. I did not post the 2nd one because my baby had to get naked. The 2nd exam was also were the doctor checks his heart. For those of you who do not know, Kaegan is a Special Needs child. He has a heart condition. The doctor in the exam could not find the murmur that the report says he has. She had 2 other doctors come in and check and still they found nothing. It is possible that the murmur is gone and all is well. We will have him checked out in the USA on Tuesday of next week.
After the exam we headed to complete more paperwork. We are getting closer to coming home and finalizing everything because I have no more blank forms and we are just about out of money. Believe it or not that is a GREAT sign. We are ready for you guys to meet our angel. He is adorable.
The night before last we did have our first scares from Kaegan. He did not sleep at all. He would wake up unexpectedly, screaming and crying. It scared Marty and I. We have not seen this side of him at all. Not even signs of it. I checked his temp and there was no fever so I grab him and layed him on my chest as I do when he naps. He would fall right back to sleep but shortly afterwards he would wake again to the same thing. We had a little training on night terrors so this could be what he was experiencing. We planned to attend church yesterday morning but instead stayed in the room all day with Kaegan. He was tired all day after no sleep and was not very playful.
This morning he is much better. Last night we had a few terrors but I was better prepared. This time I immediately grabbed him and placed him on my chest and then there was no noise. 5 minutes later he would roll off of me and fall back to sleep. There were several times that he would cry for about 2 seconds and reach for mine and Marty's hands and hold them as he would fall back to sleep. It is so precious. Marty and I would just pray that his fears would go away and that he will soon realize that he is safe with us. We know now that he is just checking to make sure we are still here. It is so hard witnessing this but it is a stage that we are prepared for. I can not imagine what is going on in that little head of his. Today, he is much better. Right now he is down stairs eating breakfast with Daddy. I had to stay in the room because our guide is at the Consulate finalizing the paperwork and I need to be here in case she calls for questions.
Two more days!! Tomorrow we pick up Kaegans VISA and recite the Oath at the Oath Ceremony.
Wednesday we fly home!!!!! YAY!! We have had a blast here in China and getting to know our son. We can't wait to share him with you.
7 comments:
We are all ready to see him :)
I'm praying for you all!
So proud to be a part of this journey with you guys. Our prayers are that all the last minute details fall into place and your journey home will be smooth.
Love and Blessings,
Bro. Scott, Lisa, Luke and Hannah
Connor can't wait anymore. Everyday he tells me his new friend is Kaegan and he can't wait to play with him. Praying for you guys and your journey home. We love you and miss you!!!
YAY for HOME!!!! I am like a kid in a candy store!!
I am tearing up just trying to imagine what Kaegan is feeling. Thankfully, he has such loving and Godly parents now to take excellent care of him. I can't wait to see all of you on Wednesday!!! I love you guys.
I cant wait for him to come home! I just want to hug him! I am so happy for you guys and Kaegan is such a lucky child for having such great parents like you! We miss you and love you! :)
Jennifer and Jerome
Post a Comment