Kaegan and Kiyah

Kaegan and Kiyah

Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Last Day in China!

YAY!! We are finally here at the last day. Kaegan is suppose to be taking a nap right now but daddy decided to feed him some banana bread so he is wide awake. He will fall asleep shortly. I just hope he rested well for the Oath Ceremony. We meet at 2:40 today for the final step. For the Ceremony Marty and I purchased oriental shirts to wear and Kaegan will be wearing an outfit that was given to him by Sharon Foster's sister-in-law. It is precious. After the oath ceremony we will take the famous "Red Couch" photos. There is actually no meaning behind the "Red Couch" photo. Laila (our guide) said that Americans just enjoy taking them. It gives them an opportunity to take pictures of their groups. We will take pictures with Steve and Kim Wannamaker. They are another couple who are with our agency. We have become very close over the past few days. It is going to be sad to say bye to everyone.

Over the past two weeks Marty and I have met some incredible people. This morning we ran into the Pirkles. They are the couple that share the same "Gotcha Day" as we do. We were so excited to see them. I wish we could have spent more time together here in Guangzhou. Relationships have began a world away from home. These relationships will last forever because we each share a common bond that is so unique to each one of us. It is incredibly amazing.

Kaegan slept a little better last night. He only woke 3 times and needed some loving. His lips on the other hand looked badly infected and his cheeks had broken out again. Yesterday Marty took Kaegan to the hotel physician and he gave him some medicine for his lips and something else that is a thick liquid and has herbs for Kaegan to drink. Marty and I both agreed that we would use the medication for the lips but wait until we get home for Dr. Rich to check him out. If would not drink it I was not about to make Kaegan drink it.

Guess What? Stephanie and Jimmy Pirkle are both doctors! YAY! This morning at breakfast they looked at Kaegans lips and gave us some medicine. Stephanie said that he should feel better soon. Sure enough she was right. We went shopping and had a wonderful morning. Kaegan loves to ride in the stroller so we walked alot this morning. Walking is very good for us right now because we have eaten so much rice and noodles we need to walk the weight off.

While we were shopping I noticed that Kaegan face was turning red so I asked him if he needed to go potty. He of course said nothing because he has no clue to what I am saying. I walked back to the hotel to see if he needed to go and when I began to remove his overalls he began to squeal and scream. I finally got his clothes off and placed him on the potty. Kaegan then used the restroom and was shaking while pooping. I just hugged him as he went potty and told him it was ok. His stomach of course had been hurting. When he got off the potty I noticed that he had pooped a little bit in his pull up. When he noticed that I saw his pull up he went nuts. Screaming, crying, turning bright red! I just calming grabbed him and held him close. I told him that it was ok that he went potty in his pull up and just kept repeating to him that its ok mommy still loves you, its ok baby, its ok. He calmed down and then I was able to redress him and all was fine. My poor baby. What has he been thru? I will never know but I do know that he will soon know that he is never going to hurt again. I pray that he will soon be able to communicate more to us and open up to our love. He is still closed off a little but I think that most of that is due to him not feeling well.

I do know that when we get home things will be tough at first. We will have to redo the past two weeks all over. This time I pray it is easier for Kaegan.

Well, I am going to try to nap for now. I will post this evening when we return from the oath ceremony.

3 comments:

Sharron said...

And we all want pictures of today. :)

Michelle said...

Oh Tiffany, that made me cry, that poor baby....what an adjustment he is making. He must be confused...is this love and attention and acceptance going to last forever? What he must be thinking...I know you two are just loving on him all day long and can't wait to show him his home and his room that you set up so sweet for him. I pray that he adapts well to all of the changes and that his fears are put to rest.

Martha said...

This post made me cry:( I can't even imagine what he's been through. I'm so glad that you and Marty were able to be so prepared for taking care of him how you are!